Trend Predictions for 2017
Magpie are always one step ahead, looking to the future, on the hunt for the next big idea, so with 2016 drawing to a close we turned to the students on our Ideas & Imagination Team to make a few predictions for 2017.
What’s big now, that is only going to get bigger next year?
- Virtual reality headsets
- 90s nostalgia
- Festivals abroad
What would you like to see/ see more of in 2017?
- Return to books – bookshops
- Free wifi everywhere especially on trains
- Music apps with great rewards: I’M IN gives you the chance to win tickets as well as buy them
- Snapchat geofilters – great for events
- Bitmoji – things that allow personalisation/customisation are a hit at the moment
What’s big now, but on its way out?
- Yik yak is dead! They ruined it by getting rid of animosity – now it’s optional, but it’s too late!
- Big Les show – it’s been rinsed
- Silver puffa jackets – look like Dr Who Cyber Men! Hate them!
- Deliveroo – growing public resistance to casual employment methods
- Unrecyclable paper cups